The present work deals with the water cycle or hydro logical cycle, and has been elaborated without mentioning that water is the liquid that covers about 71% of the earth and is of paramount importance for the life of living beings. The water cycle begins with evaporation, condensation, precipitation, infiltration, runoff, melting and solidification. This process starts from the beginning, so it never ends. People should always keep in mind that although it is true that this process is continuous; If we are not aware of the importance of water, we will continue to pollute the seas, rivers, lakes and the land where we live
WHAT IS WATER?
Water is the colorless and tasteless liquid that covers about 71% of the earth. 97% of the water in the earth is salt water and the other 3% is fresh water. Most freshwater is frozen at the North Pole and South Pole. Close to the lateral part of the freshwater is in rivers, streams, aquifers, and the slopes that are part of our drinking water.
Water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen. The reason we call H2O is that there are two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom in it.
WHY IS WATER IMPORTANT?
Many of us think that water will always be there for us when we want. Without water, living things would die. The plants will die without water and that would kill all the animals that eat plants. When disasters happen, the first useful thing we send is water. We are so accustomed to having water that we do not think about other countries that suffer years and years of drought; Where children drink dirty water that makes them sick of many diseases and people walk miles to get it.
Water exists on Earth in three states: solid (ice, snow), liquid, and gas (water vapor). Oceans, rivers, clouds and rain are constantly changing: surface water evaporates, water from clouds precipitates, rain seeps through the earth, etc. However, the total amount of water on the planet does not change. The circulation and conservation of water on Earth is called the hydrological cycle, or water cycle. When it was formed, about four thousand five hundred million years ago, the Earth already had in its interior water vapor. At first, it was a huge ball in constant fusion with hundreds of active volcanoes on its surface. The magma, filled with gases with water vapor, emerged to the surface thanks to the constant recoveries. Then the Earth cooled, the water vapor condensed and fell back to the ground in the form of rain.
The hydro logical cycle begins with the evaporation of water from the surface of the ocean. As it rises, the moistened air cools and the steam is transformed into water: it is condensation. The drops meet and form a cloud. Then they fall by their own weight: it is precipitation. If in the atmosphere it is very cold, the water falls like snow or hail. If it is warmer, raindrops will fall.
A part of the water that reaches the Earth’s surface will be used by living beings; Another will run down the terrain to a river, lake or ocean. This phenomenon is known as runoff. Another percentage of the water will seep through the soil, forming layers of groundwater, known as aquifers. This process is the percolation. Sooner or later, all this water will return to the atmosphere again, mainly due to evaporation.